Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Exhaust Tips for the Warranty Cautious Modder

I really want a Eisenmann quad exhaust system. Really. After looking into adding an after-market exhaust that wasn't Dinan, to my Dinan modified 335i, I decided to wait until I'm out of warranty before I change the whole exhaust system on my car. A good modification that is low cost and adds a nice after-market look is exhaust tips.

I went with 3.8" chrome tips from Cyba off the E90 board. Ordering was easy and the price was far better than Dimsa tips. The Cyba tips ran $99 including shipping. Dimsa tips are $145 (special right now down from $175) not including shipping.

Locally, I went to S & K Muffler in Royal Oak, Michigan to have the tips installed. They do require that the stock exhaust is cut and the tips are welded on. Cost was $60 for the installation. It took about an hour to install, while I waited.

9 comments:

kiss my black ads said...

I just drove by a dealer earlier today. I nearly strained my neck looking at the convertible 3's! Nice stuff.

DarkPhantom said...

hey, what did the dealer say, if anything, about an aftermarket exhaust system?

I've been looking to go with a bastuck quad system for my e93...

Unknown said...

I never asked the dealer or a Dinan representative about swapping the exhaust. What I did learn from a Dinan representative on E90Post is that exhausts really aren't an issue and he said to ask the Dinan rep at my dealer to get confirmation on the particular exhaust I'd be looking at doing. Still seems iffy to me though.

Thanks, I nearly strain my neck checking it out in the parking lot as I walk away from my car. ;)

louis said...

I just tried it at a dealer couple of days ago. It's convertible 3's were mind blowing. Nice post.
dentists edinburgh

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I to but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

CGS cat back exhaust said...

That certainly looks good enough for me. Now, to hear how it sounds... I can't find any video for it. Can some one help me?

Anonymous said...

Hey it is a real cool web site

Also visit my web blog: why am i not getting pregnant